A quick and easy dinner we made tonight. It's gluten and dairy free and of course if you need it grain free just leave out the rice.
- 1 tbsp oil (to cook in)
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breasts (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice (brown, jasmine, basmatti)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
For the sauce:
- 1 can coconut cream
- 4 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the sauce, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl. Leave to the side.
- In a large pan over medium heat, melt the oil and add chicken. Sauté until lightly browned. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, mixing it with the chicken.
- Meanwhile cut the cauliflower and broccoli into small pieces and steam for 2 min, leave aside.
- Cook the rice of your choice. Stir through the broccoli and cauliflower mix.
- Add the sauce to the chicken pan and let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until fragrant.
- Serve chicken on a bed of the broccoli and cauliflower rice.