A family favourite healthy apple crumble recipe free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar. Your kitchen will come alive with the scent of apple, cinnamon and toasted coconut.
Recipe by nutritionist and naturopath Casey-Lee Lyons from Live Love Nourish.
- 4 large green apples, peeled & sliced thinly 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias, chopped
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil + extra to grease 2 tbsp almond butter/ spread
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 175’C.
- Grease a large pie dish with coconut oil. Spread apple slices evenly into a pie dish and
- sprinkle with a touch of extra cinnamon and vanilla powder. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt coconut oil and almond butter over low heat.
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, coconut, macadamias, coconut sugar, vanilla powder,
- cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour melted almond butter mixture into mix and combine well.
- Spoon crumble evenly over apples and bake in oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve warm with optional coconut yoghurt, sugar free coconut ice cream or thickened coconut cream.
- You can purchase almond butter/spread in the health food section of your supermarket or from your local health food store.
About the author:
Passionate about inspiring others to live a healthy and happy life, naturopath and nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons shares her healthy recipes, free from gluten, dairy and sugar, in a refreshing and simple way.
Her easy-to-understand nutrition and lifestyle advice has helped many people improve their health and vitality and to live their healthiest and best life.
To download her free recipe e-book or to browse through hundreds of delicious recipes visit www.livelovenourish.com.au or follow Live Love Nourish on social media: