Looking for a nice and easy winter meal. Look no further, it is full of nutrients, packed with protein and of course because of the bone broth gut healing.
- 1kg chicken thigh
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 bacon rashes
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 2 cups green beans (chopped in half)
- 1 capsicum (roughly chopped0
- 1 zucchini (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour
- 1 tbsp Freedom Spices Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- Rice or sweet potato mash to serve on
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Cook chicken, onion, bacon, capsicum, pumpkin, zucchini and garlic until slightly browned. Stir through 2 tbsp buckwheat flour and transfer to the slow cooker.
Add tomato, chicken salt and salt and pepper. Put the lid on and cook for 4 hours.
15 min before serving add the beans in for further cooking. Serve on a bed of rice or mashed potato.