This may look like a lot of ingredients but this was one of the easiest and most delicious savoury breakfasts to date. Plus it's very versatile, you can add and take out ingredients as you please or better yet cook it to use up any left over produce in your fridge rather than throwing it out.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 6 eggs (scrambled)
1/2 cup kale (chopped)
1/2 cup pumpkin (cubed)
1/2 cup sweet potatoes
1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
100g Enoki mushrooms (or button mushrooms)
1 cup Chickpeas (drained)
1 tbsp Basil, fresh
1 tsp Oregano
1 long red chilli (diced)
1 tsp Black pepper
2 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in your pan while you are preparing and chopping all of your ingredients.
- First cook your pumpkin and sweet potato in the fry pan until soften. Then add remaining ingredients except the eggs. Once the vegetable mixture is browned and fragrant, divide into 2 bowls.
- In a bowl whisk the 6 eggs together.
- Place 1tbsp of oil back in the pan and add the eggs. Stirring constantly until cooked.
- Divide and mix through the vegetable mixture.
- Use salt and pepper to taste.
- Use any mushroom you like - I use the shiitake or Enoki because of the health benefits. You can find these in all supermarkets
- You can make this Vegan by leaving out the eggs.