Now I better start by saying I have no idea where this recipe has come from haha. My mum passed it on to me after trying them. She received the recipe from her cousin who got it from her sister, etc, etc.
The gut loving ingredient in this recipe is gelatine. The benefits of gelatine is endless so here is a full blog post on gut health and the benefits of gelatine. Click here.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp gelatine powder
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup of fruit to flavour (I used blueberries in one batch and apple and 1 tbsp of cinnamon in another)
- Boil your kettle.
- Add boiled water, fruit and rice malt syrup into your blender and blend until well combined.
- Whisk through your gelatine with a folk or whisker.
- Pour into moulds and freeze for 2 hours.
- Eat 1 - 2 gelatines per day (this will depend per person.)