I had so much fun creating and eating this recipe, however it was a little fiddly. I would recommend this one when you have a little bit more time up your sleeve. You don't need a lot, just a little. It is delicious and was beautiful served on a bed of rocket as it weltered the rocket leaves. It is full of nutrition and it a beautifully balanced meal.
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 chicken breast (diced)
- 1 can tin tomato
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- rocket to serve
- Pre heat oven at 150 degrees.
- Trim ends from zucchini, then cut lengthways into 1cm thick slices. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Cook zucchini slices for 1 minute or until softened, but not too soft. Drain into colander, rinse with cold water, drain well.
- Meanwhile on a pan add your onion and garlic to sauté. Then add the chicken, and cook until golden.
- Add the tinned tomato, oregano,. chilli flakes, and salt and pepper. Simmer until majority of the juices have dissolved.
- Take a zucchini strip, roll it up into a loose circle and stuff it with chicken mixture to fill. Place on a pan and repeat until mixture is used.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve on a bed of rocket and sprinkle goats cheese and nutritional yeast over the top.
If you eat cheese, you can add this on top before baking.