This side dish is so incredibly easy, you seriously wouldn't think much of it. Yet the flavours are so incredibly tasty thanks to the leek. Mac and I are absolutely obsessed with this as a side dish to our meals atm. Wait until you try and experience the flavour combo.
Ingredients: Serves 4 people
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 carrots (chop into thick discs)
- 1 cup snow peas (trim the ends)
- 1 cup green beans (trim the ends)
- 2 leeks (chop into thick discs)
- 40g butter or ghee
- drizzle of olive oil.
- salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chop and prepare your vegetables
- In a fry pan drizzle olive oil in over medium heat. Add the carrot and cook for a few minutes, stirring regularly. Add the snow peas and beans and cook for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and sit aside in a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the fry pan to medium heat, add the butter to melt and add the chopped leek. Stir for 5 minutes or until soft. Season with chilli flakes.
- In a large bowl add spinach and both vegetable mixtures, toss until well combined. Squeeze lemon over the tip and serve as a side dish.