Fun fact: Spaghetti bolognas is my FAVOURITE meal. Mac will ask me most Sundays what I want for dinner and this is always my answer. We have used black bean spaghetti here but normally we use zoodles with zucchini or sweet potato. The San Remo gluten free pasta is also delicious even if you're not a gluten free. It takes away the heavy feeling after a bowl of pasta.
- 500g mince (we use chicken or turkey)
- 1 tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup of bone broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 carrot (grated)
- 1 zucchini (grated)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan on medium heat, add olive oil to melt and the onion and garlic. Cook until browned and fragrant.
- Add mince meat and continue cooking until browned.
- Add tinned tomatoes, bone broth and tomato paste, stir through. Bring to a boil and then simmer until majority of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add grated carrot, zucchini and the spices. Stir through and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve bolognase on pasta of your choice.
- If you don't add bone broth, add an extra tin of chopped tomatoes.
For help creating the perfect meal plan CLICK HERE!