This is another beautiful winter salad dish, using roasted root vegetables with a combination of raw lettuce leaves. The chicken in this dish can be substituted for any other source of protein you wish.
Ingredients: Serves 2 - 3
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 large sweet potato (diced into squares)
- 3 beetroots (peeled and chopped in squares)
- 1 red onion (diced in quarters)
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- 3 tbsp goats cheese
- 2 tbsp slithered or crushed almonds
- 1 tbsp dill
- 2 tbsp olive oil (raw to drizzle as your dressing)
- In a large bowl add tamari, olive oil and honey. Stir to combine. Add chicken and set aside in the fridge to marinate for 30mins
- Meanwhile prepare your vegetables and place on a lined oven tray, drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil, coat well and roast until golden.
- Once your chicken has had time to marinate grilled on fry pan or BBQ. Please note it will go a little charcoal because of the honey, so low heat is best. Cook through.
- Time to plate up. On a plate add salad leaves, roast vegetables, sliced chicken, goats cheese, slithered almonds, dill and drizzle with olive oil.
For more recipes or help creating a meal plan CLICK HERE!