Although it has been a long Summer it is feeling like it is behind us (I say this and it's currently 33 degrees outside.) Anywhoo it is time to switch the summer salads to winter salads.
Salads are an amazing thing and it is important to be getting some uncooked vegetables in our diet. So combining raw with cooked vegetables is the perfect side to a Winter dish.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 capsicum (chopped into square pieces)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups salad mix
- 1/4 cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp honey
- In a fry pan melt the olive oil. Add carrots, capsicum and onion. Toss around until cooked through.
- Meanwhile mix the olive oil, tamari and honey to make the dressing.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add salad mix into a bowl, top with fried vegetables, almonds and drizzle the dressing through.