The Turmeric has beautiful anti-inflammatory properties, especially when mixed with the good fats from the coconut yogurt. The fig and rose make a beautiful flavour combination, I simply use edible dried rose petals.
This Turmeric porridge can also be made with regular oatmeal (cooked the same way.)
- 1/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Turmeric Latte
- 2 tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 whole fig (chopped)
- 1 tsp rose petals (dried)
- On the stove top add quinoa and water. Cook on low heat stirring constantly.
- Once water is absorbed, add in the honey and turmeric and stir until combined.
- Serve in a bowl topped with coconut yogurt, figs and dried rose petals.