I absolutely love the flavours of asian dishes. They are always so fresh and tasty and leave your taste buds dancing around in happiness (well that's what it feels like anyway.) This dish is inspired by my Mumma bear who is always playing around with flavours.
Ingredients: serves 2
- 6 pieces of flat head fish
- 1 can tin tomatoes
- 1 onion or bunch of spring onions (finely diced)
- 1 long chilli (sliced)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2cm grated ginger
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 medium sized cauliflower (pulsed into small rice like pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Coriander leaves to garnish.
- In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onion, ginger, coriander seeds and chilli and cook until flavours are infused.
- Add tomatoes and coconut sugar and stir until well combined. Simmer for 5 - 10min.
- Meanwhile add fish to a lined baking dish, once the tomato sauce has simmered down, spread on top of the fish and cook in the over for 15min or until fish is cooked.
- While the fish is cooking prepare your cauliflower rice. In the saucepan add cauliflower rice and cook until golden. Garnish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate up by dividing the cauliflower rice, top with fish and sauce, garnish with fresh coriander.