Bread is something I am eating more and more of. I have never been a massive bread person, we weren't really raised on it and it has always seemed like more of a weekend thing with more time and a bigger breakfast cook up. However since getting back into Crossfit, my body is needing more food for growth, repair and recovery. So having a heartier breakfast is important for me so my hunger stays under control the remainder of the day.
This loaf is delicious with a spread of peanut butter or tahini. Plus it freezers really well.
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 large apple (grated)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup hemp oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- Slithered almonds to garnish.
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl add all dry ingredients and mix well. Form a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a bowl add all wet ingredients and lightly whisk for 1-2 minutes. Pour wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Add the grated apple and zucchini and continue to stir.
- Meanwhile line a loaf tin with baking paper. Spoon the mixture in and evenly spread out. Patting down with a spoon.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and bake for 45 min or until a skewered insert in the middle comes out clean.
- Leave to cool on a drying rake until completely cool.