This is another beautiful recipe that came to me in uni when I was playing with dried chamomile and lavender.
If you are a troubled sleeper this latte blend is perfect to help you wind down before bed. Or maybe you are just in the habit of a night cap, if so my FS Beetroot Latte is another perfect option for this.
Chamomile: Is regarded as a mild tranquilizer and sleep-inducer. Yep it is pretty powerful when needed.
Lavender: It has natural soothing properties, helping with reducing stress, focusing the mind and promotes sleep.
The other interesting ingredient in this blend is honey. Some people would opt to skip the honey because of the sugar before bed. But the reality is we actually need energy for a good nights sleep (which the honey provides.)
- 1 tbsp of chamomile flowers (or 2 tea bags)
- 1 tbsp of lavender flowers (or 2 tea bags)
- 1/2 tsp honey.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla bean extract (optional)
- 1 cup nut milk.
- On a stove top add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Turn down to a gentle simmer for 5 - 10 min.
- When you are happy with the strength, take off the stove and strain the loose leaves.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy
- 30 minutes before bed is the ideal time for this tea.
- The longer you leave on the stove top the stronger the benefits.