Sometimes in life a gal just needs a little a little bit of sweetness in her life, right?
These little bites are a great 3pm pick up or pre workout snack. The reason I say this is because the glucose (sugar) from the dates, goes straight to the brain when eaten. Giving you a great and instant energy hit. Helping you through an afternoon slump or a tough workout.
- 400g dates
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 block 80+ dark chocolate (optional)
- In a food processor blend dates, tahini and salt together until a nice smooth consistency.
- Stir through the sesame seeds.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and firmly and evenly press mixture down (wet hands to avoid mixture sticking)
- Place in the freezer until hardened. Cut into small bite size squares with a wet knife.
- On the stove top in a small pot melt the chocolate on a low heat.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars and store in the fridge.