This bowl is inspired by my latest visit to Sydney. I had pesto chicken in one of my salads and it was amazing so on my return home I recreated this. This nourish bowl is fresh and tasty and super satisfying. The recommended serves may even be too big and need to be divided again.
Ingredients: Serves 2
- 6 - 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp savoury yeast flakes (optional)
- 2 cups salad mix (I used rocket and spinach)
- 1 cup sprouts (I used alfalfa and bean shoots)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 4 tbsp pepitas
- 4 tbsp pistachios
- 4 tbsp slithered almonds
- salt, pepper and chilli to taste.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the chicken and cook until white and cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a blender ass the basil leaves, pine nuts, olive oil, savoury yeast flakes, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Blend until well combined. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl place all of the raw greens and nuts and seeds.
- Once the chicken is cooked marinate it in the pesto sauce making sure it is well covered in pesto. Add the the salad bowl.
- Use remaining pesto as the salad dressing. Top with avocado and serve.