I am always looking for simple recipe that can be used over serval meals and are packed with nutrients. This Moroccan topped is exactly that. You can top your salads with it for a warm component, protein hit and flavour punch. Or maybe load up a baked sweet potato. Either way it is super yummy and versatile.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 brown onion (diced)
- 1 zucchini (roughly chopped into cubes)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Moroccan Seasoning. Click here
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- In a fry pan over medium heat, drizzle olive oil. Add brown onion and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Add the garlic and moroccan seasoning blend and stir until fragrant.
- Add chickpeas, tomato paste and water, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Serve on a bed of salad or a potato in a jacket.