These Blueberry Muffins and gluten and dairy free and only contain natural sugar. They are delicious as is or served warm with a dollop of coconut or greek yogurt.
- 1-2/3 cup quinoa flakes (or oatmeal)
- 2/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I use Pure Harvest)
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and spray a muffin baking tray with olive or coconut oil.
- In your food processor or large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Pulse or mix until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, honey, coconut oil and eggs. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the middle of your dry mixture and add in the wet ingredients. Blend or stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups up to the top with the muffin batter, about a heaping 1/4 cup. If you fill them up to the top, they get really big muffin tops!
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with no batter.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin pan before serving.
- Leftovers will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight container. Keep in fridge for longer.
For more recipes or help creating a meal plan CLICK HERE!