This is my go to meal on a Sunday when I am prepping for the week. It's quick and easy which I always look for. Plus it has a nice nutritional balance. I simply cook a big batch (double if you wish) seperate in containers and freeze or pop it in the fridge for a quick meal.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 red or green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/2 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 corn cob (skinned)
- 400g lean turkey or chicken mince
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp FS Taco Seasoning
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander sprigs
- 125g jasmine rice to serve (I use the talida packet)
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and garlic and cook until browned.
- Add in the mince meat and cook for a further 3 - 5 min or under almost cooked through. Stir in the Freedom Spices taco seasoning until well mixed in.
- Add in crushed tomatoes, bring to a boil and then simmer.
- Once simmering, add cherry tomatoes, black beans, zucchini, corn and capsicum and any other vegetables you want to use up. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir through cooked rice.
- Serve into your bowls and top with avocado and a wedge of lime.
For more recipes or help creating a meal plan CLICK HERE!