Every week I make a couple of breakfasts that I can just leave in containers in the fridge for those mornings when I'm in a little bit more of a rush. This is been a great option and really satisfying.
If you are celiac or oats don't sit so well with your body, you may want to use rice flakes over oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup rice flakes or traditional rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250ml (1 cup) nut or coconut milk
- Mixed berries, blended and stired through.
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Nuts and seeds to sprinkle
- Maple syrup, to drizzle
- Combine the rice flakes or oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and almond milk in a bowl. Cover and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
- If you like a warm breakfast transfer the oat mixture to a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Otherwise eat as is.
- Divide the porridge among bowls. Swirl some jam through some yoghurt. Dollop over the porridge. Top with raspberries and almonds and drizzle with maple syrup.