These cookies are my absolute favourite. I have the fondest memories of visiting my granny and smelling these cookies when I first walked in the door as a child. If they weren't already baked Grandma would have me in the kitchen with her baking up a storm, eating majority of the batter and sending me back to my parents house with a container of my favourites for the week.
Of course back in these days sugar and flour were the staple ingredients. My Mum and I have now adapted the recipe and made them much healthier and still to this day they are my favourite.
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup GF self raising flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup rice malt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean
- 1 cup chocolate
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped roughly
- Preheat over 175 degrees
- Cream oil and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat eggs and vanilla
- Add the oatmeal and flours to the mixture, mix well.
- Fold in choc chips and macadamia nuts
- Roll into golf size balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Cook for 15min or until golden. Cool on a rack and enjoy.