I go through stages of being completely addicted to peanut butter, and well... I'm there now. I could eat peanut butter on anything or just spoon it straight from the jar. Which I am often guilty of. So instead of continuing this bad habit haha, I thought I'd make a delicious slice instead. Of course the main ingredient is peanut butter.
1 cup natural peanut butter (I love the Mayers brand)
1 tsp vanilla bean powder or paste
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 cup almond meal
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1 cup desiccated coconut
2/3 cup almond or coconut milk
100g 80% dark chocolate, melted (I used Pumpy Jackson Coconut)
2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees and line a lamington tin with baking paper.
- In a food processor (or large bowl) blend the peanut butter, coconut sugar and vanilla essence together.
- Add the almond meal, desiccated coconut, bicarb soda and almond milk. Blend until well combined. Then fold through the cacao nibs.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared pan and press surface with fingers to level. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool in pan.
- Meanwhile melt your chocolate in a pan on a low heat. Once melted, spread over the slice.
- Stand for 1 hour or until set. Slice into roughly 3cm fingers.