When it comes to bread there are not many I like or would ever recommend. If you are not celiac I would always suggest a good quality sourdough bread, ask your baker about the process of baking the bread. If it is a 24 - 48hr process than you have found a winner. And if you are GF well there isn't many products on the market that have not had the gluten removed, and then been filled with water, additives and a whole lot of chemicals. That's why I love sweet potato toast, getting back to nature is always a winner, no matter what diet you follow.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 eggs (poached)
- 2 leaves of kale (thinly sliced)
- 2 slithers of sweet potato (about 2cm thick, and from the largest part of the potato)
- Chilli, salt, fetta to serve (optional)
- Cut your sweet potato from the widest part. On some potato this is straight down the middle, on others longways down the middle.
- Rub a small amount of olive oil on both sides.
- Place in the toaster and toast until golden brown.
- Meanwhile cook your eggs.
- Throw the kale on a fry pan with coconut oil and cook until golden.
- Plate up and enjoy.