I started writing all about food combining and the importance of this if you are building a Vegan or Vegetarian meal. It turned out to be a full blog post so check that out here, because it is important to know so you can get the most out of your food and ensure you are not missing any essential amino acids when eating a meat free meal like this delicious curry.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- Oil to cook with - I used seseame
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- Juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 2 cups button mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 can brown lentils
- Half a small butternut pumpkin (cut in small chunks)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 chilli
- jasmine or basmati rice to serve
- coriander to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, chilli and curry paste. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lentils and coconut cream and stir well.
- Add the pumpkin chunks and cook for about 5 minutes before adding the mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 10 min, stirring occasionally.
- Serve curry with steamed rice and top with as much coriander as desired.