It is an absolute scorcher today in Melbourne, reaching 44 degrees by lunch time.
Days like this there really isn't a lot to do unless it involves an aircon or water. And when it comes to food, well I don't know about you but fruit, salads, smoothies and iced drinks is about all I crave.
As promised some time ago my Iced Matcha Espresso drink. Now let me warn you this is for the diehard Matcha or Espresso fan. If you don't consider yourself to fall into this category, maybe just add a teaspoon of honey to sweeten things up a little.
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Matcha powder
- 1 shot espresso
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I use Nutty Bruce Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- In a matcha bowl or milk frother, whisk the matcha and 1/4 cup water until well combined.
- Fill your glass with ice.
- Pour the milk into your glass, followed by the matcha.
- Add your espresso shot.
- Stir and drink.
If you like your Matcha a little sweeter try adding a tsp of honey