Does anyone else feel as soon as Summer is close it's time to get in the kitchen and make raw treats. Maybe that's just me?!
Either way these donuts are chewy and so delicious. And like most raw treats they are super quick to whip up and always a hit.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup desicated coconut
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Dash of almond milk (depending on the consistency)
- Shredded coconut to decorate.
- In a food processor place the dry ingredients almond meal, coconut, dates and chia seeds, blend well.
- Add in the wet ingredients, rice malt syrup, nut butter, vanilla essence, blend until well mixed and sticky.
- Press mixture into a oiled donut tin (oil with olive oil) or roll into a ball, flatten and make a hole in the middle.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile to make the icing, place cashews and blueberries in the food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add a splash of almond milk if needed to make a smooth consistency. Place aside.
- Once the donuts have set, remove them from the freezer (use a knife to remove them from the tin) and place them on a baking rack.
- Coat them in your icing, sprinkle shredded coconut over them and serve.