This carbonara is gluten free, dairy free and only takes 15 minutes to whip up.
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/4 cup savoury yeast flakes (gives the cheesy flavour)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 handful of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 rashes of bacon (optional)
- Gluten free fettuccini (I used Mung Bean fettuccini)
- In a large pan sauté the garlic and onion until golden brown.
- Add the coconut cream, whisked egg, savour yeast flakes, tomatoes and mushrooms. Mix well. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Meanwhile bring a pot of water to boil. Add the fettuccini and cook until soft. Drain and rince until cold water.
- Add the spinach leaves to the sauce and mix through, along with the cooked fettuccini. Mix well.
- Serve on a plate and garnish with salt, pepper and basil leaves.