Summer is almost here and the mangos are starting to come into season again. I thought what time to make a delicious mango tart.
It was fresh and fruity and like all my yummy desserts I always make gluten free, dairy free and aim for a low sugar option.
- 3 cups of almond or oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 6 tbsp of water
- 6 dates
- 250g cashews
- 3/4 can of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of rice malt syrup
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 mangos (to use as the topping)
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix you chia seeds and water together and leave aside to form a jelly mixture
- Meanwhile in a food processor mix the almond or oatmeal, coconut and 6 dates together and blend well.
- Add the chia seeds into the food processor and continue to process until the mixture is stuck together
- Grease a tart tin with olive oil and then press the mixture into the tin. Place in the oven for 20min. Once cooked set aside.
- In the food processor mix all the ingredients except the mango together. Blend until the mixture is a nice smooth consistency.
- Pour over the tart base and place in the freezer for 2 - 3 hrs.
- Once set decorate with your mango and place in the fridge before serving.