I am so excited to share this recipe.
Last weekend we were in the city and I kept seeing porridge on the menu. I'm not eating a lot of grains atm so didn't order it, but came home and I was craving a big bowl of warm porridge. Because I like to listen to my body, I decided I would have porridge but instead of grains use a cauliflower and OMG it is amazing.
- 1 whole cauliflower (pulsed into a fine rice like texture)
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein (the vanilla cuts through the bitterness of the cacao and cauli)
- 2 tbsp rice malt (more if you need it sweeter)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- In a food processor or blender pulse your cauliflower florets down, until they are a rice like texture.
- Meanwhile melt coconut oil in your pan. Add the cauliflower and tin of coconut cream. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat to low and simmer. Stir every now and again.
- Once the mixture has thickened, add cacao, vanilla protein, cinnamon and rice malt syrup. Mix through well.
- Taste test to see if you need to add any more sweeter or protein.
- Serve and coconut flakes, coconut yogurt and another sprinkle of cinnamon.
It makes a lot, so store any left overs in a container in the fridge and just reheated the amount you need each morning for 30 seconds.