I found this cute little gourmet pumpkins at the farmers market to use for this recipe. But you can do this with a whole butternut pumpkin, or chop your pumpkin in quarters and sit your topping on top. I used this as a side dish to some chicken, but if you are vegan or vegetarian you may want to incorporate some tofu for a little extra protein.
- 6 baby pumpkins, or one butternut pumpkin.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- A handful of rocket
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Moroccan Seasoning
- Pre heat your oven at 200 degrees.
- Chop the tops of your pumpkins and scoop out the middle seeds.
- Lightly brush your pumpkins with coconut oil.
- Line a baking tray and place your pumpkins in to bake for 20 - 30 mins (depending on how golden you want them)
- Meanwhile in a sauce pan place your quinoa and water, bring to boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Stir continuously until all the water is absorbed.
- Once the water is almost absorbed, mix through cranberries, walnuts, Moroccan seasoning, and rocket.
- Once your pumpkins are baked, with a table spoon stuff the middle of your pumpkins with the quinoa mixture.
- Serve and enjoy.