I bought some beautiful Haloumi from the farmers market from Mac over the weekend. He has been spending most weekends renovating our house so making sure he is well fuelled is important. This Haloumi Breakfast bowl really is a nourish bowl. It is full of good fats, quality carbs and protein.
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 4 slithers of Haloumi cheese
- 1 - 2 soft boiled eggs
- handful of rocket
- 1/2 lemon (grilled)
- 1/2 an avocado
- 3 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Once boiled add the whole egg(s) and boil on medium heat for 5 min. Once cooked drain the water and leave to cool before peeling the shell.
- Meanwhile in another pot add quinoa and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then turn to a simmer and stir continuously until the water is absorbed.
- Once the water has been absorbed mix the rocket leaves through the quinoa.
- On the grill add half the lemon and pieces of haloumi and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Meanwhile mix the tahini, olive oil, lemon juice and chilli flakes together to make a nice dressing.
- Once all alimants are cooked and peeled. Simply serve the quinoa on the plate, followed by the haloumi, avocado, boiled egg(s), lemon and dressing. Top with black sesame seeds if you desire.
Note: If you are dairy free please avoid the haloumi.