As the weather starts to cool down I can feel my body starting to crave warmer heavier foods. During Summer I ate lots of smoothie bowls, nuts and seed blends with coconut yogurt and fruit and drank loads of smoothies. Now it’s moving into soups, stew and porridge season.
What is your ideal breakfast? I love having a breakfast that keeps me satisfied until lunch time, that is fiber rich and contains good fats, proteins and carbohydrates. This bowl ticks all of the above for me.
Hope you enjoy it.
Serves 2 / Prep Time - 5 min
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp nuts and seeds (pepita, sunflower, almonds, etc)
- Fruit - I like either 1/2 cup blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb or figs (use you fav fruits)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- pinch of cinnamon
- sprinkle of shredded coconut or flakes
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp protein powder (optional - I use Raw by Amazonia)
- You can either use the buckwheat as is or in your blender, blend it until it is a powder form.
- Boil the kettle
- Meanwhile in a bowl add the buckwheat, chia seeds, hemp seeds, nuts and seeds, raisins, cinnamon and protein powder
- On a pan lightly pan fry your berries or whatever fruit you are using. Add them to your bowl of mixture.
- Pour over some water until a porridge consistency has formed.
- Top with coconut, almond butter and what ever else you might like.
- The reason for lightly frying the berries is because it breaks down the fruit and removes the sugar. Plus is super delicious.