I hate to be the one to toot my own horn guys…. but I’ve nailed it.
Spag bowl is one of my favourite meals. Every Sunday Mac asks me what is for dinner and the answer is always the same. Spaghetti Bolognese. This week I thought I would mix things up though as I had some lentils in the cupboard that I wanted to use. Plus any excuse to use my Freedom Spices Seasonings is always a good one.
Lentils are a great source of fibre, iron, protein, Zinc, potassium, Vitamin B6 and heaps more. They are definitely a little powerhouse and worth incorporating into the diet.
Serves 2 / Prep Time - 10 min / Cook Time -20 min
- 1 tin of lentils (drained and washed)
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 onion (Diced)
- 2 sprigs of spring onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 an avocado (Diced)
- 1 tsp FS Moroccan Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat some coconut oil in your pan. Then saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add the tin of lentils and the diced tomatoes. Stir to mix together and then add the vegetable broth.
- Mix through Freedom Spices Moroccan seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat down and let simmer for about 15 mins or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile with a spiralizer, spiralize the Zucchini to make zoodles.
- Place the zucchini in a vegetable steamer for 3 - 5 min or until warm.
- Once the broth has been absorbed in the spaghetti mixture, add the zoodles and toss through to coat in the bolognese sauce.
- Serve on a plate and top with spring onion and avocado.
- You can use bone broth instead of vegetable broth if you are not vegetarian. This is extremely healing and great for gut health.
- You can substitute the zoodles with sweet potato noodles or pasta.