So you may have noticed a lot of breakfast recipes lately?! Well Free Birds… this is because at the moment breakfast is about the only meal I can really have some fun with. So for the next month, I will post my breakfasts most days and call it my BREAKFAST SPECIAL. :0
I mentioned in an Instagram and Facebook post earlier in the week that I am eating a very raw and very green diet atm, due to my thyroid spinning into Hyperthyroidism. I am using the food is medicine principle again to turn this around. Which means I am eating roughly 2 – 3 raw heads of broccoli a day, lots of raw cabbage and cauliflower. So instead of putting you guys through that, I am playing with my breakfasts instead.
- 1/2 cup of oats (I use Gluten free ones)
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 heaped tbsp of protein (I use Raw Amazonia Natural or Vanilla)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
Toppings: What ever you desire. I used:
- 2 figs
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter (Mayvers is the bomb)
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a bowl add the dry ingredients - oats, protein, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla bean. Mix together.
- Then stir through the Almond Milk, making sure it is well combined.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for at least 4+ hours.
- Top with what ever you desire and serve.