How good are zoodles? I’m going to say soooo good you won’t even miss spaghetti. Plus they are loads healthier, it is just vegetables made into a noodle after all.
This recipe is from our recipe book ‘Wellness Food’ and always seems to be a favourite for our clients, but in case you don’t have our recipe book I wanted to share with you.
Serves 4 / Prep Time - 20 min
- 2 Zucchinis per person or 1-2 large sweet potatoes
- 500g ground turkey mince
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- olive oil (to cook in)
- 3 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp olive oil (to cook in)
- 1/4 brown onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- Herbs optional (I like chili flakes, oregano and parsley)
- In a large bowl, add turkey mince, egg, salt. Mix well and form into meatballs.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with olive oil. Cook meatballs until golden brown and cooked though.
- Transfer to a plate.
- To make the sauce, add olive oil to saucepan and gently fry the garlic and onion.
- Pour in the tomatoes, stir well and add spices.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 mins.
- Add the seared meatballs to the tomato sauce and cook for an additional 10 - 15mins.
- Make the zoodles by running the zucchinis or sweet potato through spiralizer.
- To cook either microwave for a few minutes, steam for a few minutes.
- Serve into a bowl and add the meatballs.