These sweet potato burgers are amazing. They have a touch of sweetness plus have herbs and spices to really get the flavors going. You can serve these on eggplant or a burger with rocket, avocado, red onion, tomato and any other favorite toppings.
Prep Time - 10 min
Cook Time - 15 min
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup uncooked black rice
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tps cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel the sweet potato and use a fork to poke sweet potato several times. Place sweet potato on a small plan lined with foil and bake in the oven for 30-45 minutes or until fork tender.
- While sweet potato is cooking, cook the black rice by adding 1 cup water and wild rice to a medium saucepan or rice cooker. Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30minutes or until tender.
- Once sweet potato and rice is cooked add it to the food processor with the remainder ingredients and process until well combined.
- In glad wrap place the mixture i and wrap into a ball. Place in the fridge until cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, using your hands separate the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan. Once oil is hot, add patties and cook for about 5-7 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes on the other side.
- Serve on their own or in a bun! Add your favorite burger toppings.