Every Wednesday morning I head to the farmers market to do our grocery haul for the week. It’s one of my favourite ways to spend the morning, and makes me so happy when I have a fridge stocked with organic fruits and vegetables. This week I found these Zucchinis and thought they would be super fun to stuff.
Hump day calls for an easy dinner and this is exactly what this recipe provides.
- 4 zucchinis
- 500g Turkey mince
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 tsp Freedom Spices Seasoning (I used Taco for a little Mexican spice, but any will work)
- 1 tsp Nutritional Yeast (to serve)
- Cut the top off your zucchini. 1cm from the edge use a spoon to scrap out the middle of the zucchinis.
- Place and the oven and cook for 15 - 20 mins, of until they soften.
- Meanwhile in a pan, melt coconut oil and saute the onion until golden brown.
- Add the mince and slightly cook before adding the crushed tomatoes, kidney beans and your Freedom Spice seasoning. Mix to combined.
- After 10 mins, turn the heat to low and let simmer for a further 5 - 10mins or until is absorbed.
- Sit your zucchinis on a plate and fill them with the mince mixture.
- Top with grated cheese or nutritional yeast.
- You can use either the Freedom Spices Moroccan, Kentucky or Taco Seasoning.
- Nutritional Yeast is a great dairy free alternative to cheese. It is packed full of B Vitamins.