This Quinoa Chili with Pea Guacamole recipe is the perfect dip to pull out for a get together or just because. For those of you who have been following us for awhile now, you will know how much we love creating and experimenting with recipes and delicious dishes. We hope you enjoy this one.
Quinoa Chili Ingredients:
- 1 onion
- 3 small chillies (depending how hot your like it)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 1 tbsp of paprika
- 1 cup of quinoa flakes
- 2 cans of crushed tomatoes (No added salt)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp of tomato paste
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 packet of organic corn chips (optional)
Pea Guacamole Ingredients:
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 garlic glove
- 4 spring onions
- Roughly dice or pulse in the food processor the chillies, garlic and onion. In a saucepan saute with cumin and paprika until golden brown. Remove from heat and sit aside.
- In another saucepan add 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 1 cup of quinoa flakes and half a cup of water. Mix together and stir continuously until the mixture thickens and starts to boil. Turn the heat down and add the second can of crushed tomatoes, black beans, and tomato paste. Mix together and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the peas. Rinse and leave to cool for a few minutes. In a food processor add peas, spring onion, avocado, garlic and lime juice. Pulse until a smooth mixture.
- Serve the quinoa chili with guacamole and organic corn chips on the side.