If you are someone who doesn’t like eating the same thing day in day out, this Gluten Free Porridge is great for you and a beautiful way to start your day. To mix things up each day just play around with your toppings and you will not get bored.
The health benefits of some of these ingredients include:
Millet = A great source of copper, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium.
Quinoa = Is a protein rich grain and contains twice as much fiber as other grains. it is also contains iron, lysine, magnesium and B2.
Amaranth = Is fantastic for the digestive health, bone health and development, weight loss, vision health and more.
Flaxseed = High in omega 3, Fiber, Protein, Vitamin B1, Manganese, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Selenium.
- 1 cup millet flakes
- 1/2 cups crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup amaranth flakes
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 4 tbsp crushed macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Add all ingredients into a container and shake around.
- Each morning put half a cup into a saucepan with 3/4 cup water or coconut and almond milk.
- Stir mixture continuously until liquid has absorbed.
- Pour into a bowl and top with your favourite ingredients.
- I topped mine with hemp seeds, cacao powder, acai powder, chia seeds, nut butter and banana