Ooeey Gooey Carmel Slice is really the only way to describe this. If you are a lover of Tahini you will be a lover of this Caramel Slice. And like always it is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
For the Base:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup of medjool dates
- 2 tbsp. vanilla essence
For the Caramel:
- 1/2 cup unhulled tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar or agave syrup
For the Choc:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 4 tbsp. coconut nectar or agave syrup
- For the base, pulse all of the ingredients together in a food processor and spread into a sprayed tin. Press down firmly across the base with your fingers.
- Then in the blender mix the caramel ingredients together and spread evenly across the pan. Place in the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- For the chocolate, mix the coconut oil, coconut nectar and cacao powder in a small bowl until well combined. pour over the frozen caramel layer and place back in the freezer for 15- 20 minutes or until firm.