Easter is just around the corner so we wanted to share some healthier recipes and options other than your typical Easter eggs. Most store bought eggs are full of sugar and nasties. If looking for store options, try and stick to organic, carob or dark choccy.
These raw vegan Mars Bars are also gluten free, refined sugar free and 100% delicious. No one will know the difference.
- 1 cup almonds
- 10 dates (soak to make sticker if need be)
- 2 tbs coconut nectar
- 1-2 tsp water
- 10 dates
- 2 tbsp coconut syrup
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup of agave syrup
- Pinch salt
- Line with baking paper
- Place all base ingredients into your food processor and blend until well mixed and clumping together.
- Wet your hands (so the mixture doesn't stick) and press to the bottom of the tin.
- Place all Caramel ingredients into the blender. Process until smooth.
- Wet your hands and spread the mixture evenly onto the base and place in the freezer for an hour or two.
- Cut caramel slice into squares with a hot knife and place back in the freezer while you melt the chocolate
- Combine the above ingredients in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Coat your bars with the chocolate and put back into the freezer.
- Keep in the freezer.