Healthy donuts that are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free… Sounds to good to be true doesn’t it?!
We promise you and the kiddies will not only love the taste of these little suckers but the kids will have so much fun helping you make them. Get them involved in dipping them in their favourite toppings while educating them on the goodness that exist inside each one.
Prep Time - 10 min
- 1 1/2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 banana
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut nectar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Tip into your food processor.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil pure maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Grease your donut pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into the donut mold.
- Smooth the tops of the batter by carefully banging the donut pan on the counter, and smoothing any uneven spots with a spoon or your finger.
- Bake the donuts for 15 - 20 minutes. Remove donuts from oven, and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Once donuts are completely cool, dip them into your choice of frosting. We use our chocolate sauce dip. See below.
- Mix the coconut oil, coconut nectar and cacao powder in a small bowl until well combined.
- You will need a donut tin to make correct shapes otherwise you can use a muffin tin and make muffins.