Often when people switch to a gluten free diet or just want to eat healthier, bread is one of the most missed products. Remember though there is always an alternative and I have the solution for you.
This Paleo Bread is made from nuts, seeds and is so nutritious. You no longer have to go without and can enjoy a slice with your eggs in the morning or soup at lunch or even make a delicious sandwich and pack it in the kids lunch box. Because it is made from nuts and seeds it is dense and very filling. Plus it is gluten free.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup linseed
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp sesame seed
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp xanthum gum
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat over at 180 degrees.
- Mix all seeds in a mixing bowl with the water. Let sit for 5 - 10mins or until water is almost absorbed.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, xanthum gum and salt. Mix well.
- Add eggs, coconut water, honey and apple cider vinegar and mix until a dough is formed.
- Place mixture in a lined bread pan and press down with your fingers.
- Place in the oven for 20 - 30mins or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
- The bread is filling so I like a small loaf, however if you like big pieces you may want to double the ingredients or add a tsp of baking powder.
- If the bread mixture doesn't form a dough mixture with the ingredients above you may need to add some water. Start with a tablespoon, and repeat if needed until a nice dough consistency.