Gluten free lasagne is perfect when entertaining guests or sneaking in some extra veggies into the kiddies meals. It is the same as an ordinary lasagne minus the gluten free pasta sheets and the white sauce, which makes it much healthier.
Prep Time - 30 min
Cook Time - 1 hr
- 500g pork and veal mince
- 2 tins organic tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 sweet potato (peeled)
- 1 zucchini (cut long ways)
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 eggplant (sliced and rubbed salt over)
- Cashew Sauce
- 2 tbsp. of cashew butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp. savoury yeast flakes
- Sauté the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes of until browned. Add the mince and stir until cooked. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and chilli. Simmer on low for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the sweet potato, eggplant and zucchini. Spray a lasagne dish and lay the egg plant down across the base.
- Add a layer of meat sauce. Followed by the sweet potato. Add the remaining meat sauce followed by spinach and the zucchini.
- Place in the over for 40 - 60 minutes of until cooked through.
- Mix the cashew butter, melted coconut oil and the savoury yeast flakes together. Drizzle over the top before serving.