How good are recipes when you can sneak some extra goodness in with vegetables or fruit. These carrot cake muffins are gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free too.
Great for the kiddies lunchboxes.
Prep Time - 15 min
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 whole egg
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbs of cinnamon
- 1 tbs nutmeg
- 3 dates (optional, this will sweeten them)
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl or a food processor, almond meal, baking soda and powder, and spices together.
- Then add the wet ingredients: carrots, eggs, coconut milk, coconut oil, and dates. Mix thoroughly until a nice consistency.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil, and scoop even amounts of the mixture into the tin.
- Place muffins in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place on a cooling rack for 30 minutes before eating