This recipe I definitely can’t take credit for but it is sooooo delicious. Going home for Easter my mum had been in the kitchen cooking up a storm as usual, and one of the treats she had baked was this Banana & Blueberry Bread. It is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free. Good on you Mum 😉
- 3 large ripe bananas (the browner the better and mash)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Loving Earth vanilla powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a blender and food process, place all the ingredients except the blueberries and the almond meal.
- Once smooth gently fold through the almond meal and blueberries until just combined.
- Place mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 45 - 60 mins or until the skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- You can add any nuts, seeds, flaked coconut, etc before baking if you wish to try different variations.