This gluten free Fig & Pistachio Almond Loaf is stunning and the perfect snack to accompany an afternoon cuppa tea, or it can be made into a cake with a side of coconut yogurt and cinnamon for dessert.
Figs are an amazing fruit and full of so many nutritional benefits such as being high in fiber so can help with weight loss. They are a great source of Potassium which is a mineral used to help control blood sugar levels. Plus contain vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, sodium, and chlorine.
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 1/4 cup pistachios (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (roughly chopped)
- 10 dried figs (roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Pre heat oven at 180 degrees. Line a bread tin with baking paper and spray lightly with coconut oil spray.
- In a food processor add all dry ingredients (except the figs) and pulse for 1 minute or until well mixed.
- Add the 2 eggs, coconut oil and half of the almond milk. Pulse again until well mixed, scrapping down the sides as needed. Continue slowly poring the remainder of the milk in. The consistency should be runny, if it is clogging up add some more milk until a runny consistency.
- Stir through the chopped figs with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into your tin and place in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until cooked though and golden.
- Once cooked, place on a cooling rack for 1+ hours. Cut into slices and serve.
- This can be made into a cake or loaf by simply changing your tin from a bread tin to a cake tin.
- If you want it to be a big thick loaf, double the ingredients.
- Any fruit or nuts can be added or removed.