I created these Eggplant Stacks with Paleo Ricotta Cheese years ago and they are definitely a go to for me. I love them especially because they are gluten and dairy free. So if you or anyone in your family has either of these 2 intolerance give them a try. I Promise you will love them.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 truss tomatoes
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 Handful parsley
- 1 Handful of basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil (for cooking)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 medium lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices.
- Heat a large pan with coconut oil and cook both
- sides of the eggplant for roughly 3-5min or
- until golden.
- In the meantime, form the turkey mince into
- thin patties about the same size as your eggplant
- rounds. Pan fry your turkey patties until cooked all
- the way through.
- Slice the tomatoes and mince the parsley and basil.
- Now for the Paleo Ricotta cheese. In a food
- processor or a high powered blender, purée the
- macadamia nuts, salt, lemon and water together
- until a smooth texture.
- If necessary, scrape down the sides with a spatula
- and/or add a bit more water. Until it resembles
- ricotta cheese.
- It is now time to stack. Place a roasted eggplant
- round on a plate, top with a tomato slice, turkey
- patty, paleo ricotta cheese, tomatoes, and a little bit