My mum and dad were visiting Mr FW and I last weekend, and I couldn’t help but introduce my mum to this Coconut Yogurt & Berry Parfait.
Through the week I usually eat eggs or overnight oats, so I use the weekend to try and mix things up a bit. Simple breakfasts are always a must for me though.
With this parfait we used Coyo Coconut Yogurt. You can buy many coconut yogurts, however the key is to make sure is has all the good probiotics in it to help support and maintain gut health. Simply look at the ingredients to see if it has live vegan cultures including Lactobacillus casei, L.rahamnosus, L.acidophilus, L.bulgaricus, Bif.bifidum, Bif.lactis, S.Thermophilus. When you see this, you have got the good stuff.
- 500ml Coyo Coconut Yogurt
- 1.5 cups of frozen blueberries
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of Protein. I use Raw Amazonia
- Splash of coconut milk
- In your blend mix all the berry ingredients together.
- Layer your bowl or cup with coconut yogurt, followed by the berry layer.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used or cup is filled.
- Top with whatever you desire. I used blueberries, shredded coconut, almond flakes and editable flowers.