It is over 30 degrees in Melbourne today (note to self… don’t try and take photos of ice cream in this heat. It will melt, haha sorry for the melted picture,) which means we need some serious clean treats to help cool us down.
This Coconut, Pistachio & Matcha Ice Cream is simply stunning. Made with coconut and avocado for some nice clean fats, sweetened naturally with coconut sugar and some hidden ‘super foods’ include spirulina, Freedom Spices Matcha and Raw Amazonia green powder (you can’t even taste it.)
- 2 tins of coconut cream
- 2 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup pistachios
- 1 tbsp Freedom Spices Matcha Powder (Optional)
- 1 tbsp Amazonia Raw Greens (Optional)
- 1 tsp spirulina (Optional)
- In a saucepan over low heat, stir the coconut cream and coconut sugar together. Stir continuously until (without allowing it to boil) the sugar has dissolved. Place to the side and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add the coconut mixture, avocado flesh, pistachios, matcha, spirulina and amazonia greens to the food processor. Blend until well combined.
- Add the mixture to a container and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Scoop ice cream with an ice cream scoop and enjoy.
- The spirulina and raw greens help with creating a beautiful green colour.
- Store in a container with a airtight lid to keep the ice cream fresh.